Summer Savings Should Start Now!
Summertime should be a season of outdoor fun in the sun. The warm weather and extra daylight make summer the perfect time for family vacations, road trips to interesting and exciting destinations, ballgames, concerts and excursions to the beach.
But what if you don't have the savings set aside to afford some free time? Sounds like a sorely missed opportunity. That means you need to start your summer savings now.
How to Save Money in the Summer
Putting money away isn't easy, especially with the need to pay bills and manage those unexpected expenses that always seem to pop up. It takes discipline and a little planning to make sure you have enough cash set aside to enjoy the fun things in life. Using your imagination can also help you come up with some creative ideas for adding to your summer funds.
Here are some great tips for saving money and preparing a personal spending account for the summer:
- Turn off your home air conditioner and throw those windows wide open every chance you get. The mild temperatures of spring always come with a cool breeze, so save all the money you can on your electricity bill!
- Grow some veggies outside in a small garden. That way, you'll save time and money by not having to rush to the grocery store to buy tomatoes, carrots, green beans, or whatever else you can grow. You might even find you have a green thumb!
- Talk to your employer about splitting your paycheck up and creating a savings account. You get to decide what amount from each check goes into that account, so start small at first. If this is done automatically, your savings will build up in no time!
- Do your clothes and household items shopping at thrift stores. Many people fail to realize just how awesome the selection at many thrift stores can be -- which means they miss out on great deals. The money saved by not buying at full price can be put directly into your summer savings account!
- Start cooking outside on the grill instead of in the kitchen. You'll keep your house cooler and lower your air conditioning costs. And there's something about a backyard barbecue that strengthens the family bonds.
- Keep the car in the driveway and start walking more. Now that the warmer weather is here, it's a good time to walk instead of drive when making short trips. You'll save money on gas and vehicle maintenance — and the exercise will be good for your health.
- Consider selling that extra car you don't really need. You'll cut down on your vehicle-related expenses, and you'll get a nice chunk of change to add to your summer fund.
- Think about canceling your cable service. These days, a cable TV bill can easily exceed $100 a month. Consider subscribing to some of the streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu and Sling TV as an alternative. You'll still be able to enjoy most of your favorite shows (and probably find some new ones you like even more), and you'll save a lot of money in the process.
- Head to the library. If you're a reader, stop paying $20 or $30 or more for books at the bookstore or on Amazon. You can visit your local library and find a lot of great things to read for free.
- Consider a staycation instead of traveling. By doing a little research and talking to your friends and neighbors, you'll likely get some great ideas for fun things to do in your city or town. And you won't have to worry about paying for hotels, gas or airfare.
With these summer saving tips, there's a great chance you'll have all you need to get away and spend some quality time with your family and friends.
Atlas Credit Can Provide Additional Funds for Summer
There's one more thing to keep in mind: If you need money fast, you can always count on a personal loan from Atlas Credit. We can get your summer going with an immediate loan from $100 to $1,400 with a 5 to 12-month repayment plan.
At Atlas Credit, we specialize in helping underserved consumers who have been ignored by banks, credit unions and other financial institutions. Our loans can help you establish credit or raise your FICO score when making timely payments. If you need funds quickly, we're here to help you.
Start Our Easy Application Process Today
Even if you have bad credit, you should stop by one of our locations today to find what we can do for you! We have multiple storefronts across Texas and Oklahoma. You can also apply for a loan online at your convenience. Either way, the process is fast and easy — we typically make a decision and provide the funds on the same day as our customers submit their application.